Removal of old projects from fedorahosted.

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:55:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 03:35:41PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> This is one of the things we're hoping to prevent with fedorahosted.  The
> hope is that the fedorahosted brand will be known for good, active
> projects.  Not vaporware.
>
> We'll certainly be contacting the project members and let them
> know whats up giving them the option to grab the raw source tree (already
> available via rsync) and the trac install.
>
> In general from the infrastructure side I'd say we want to keep the
> barrier to enter low but the quality high.  Certainly there's projects
> that don't need to be updated every 6 months but we can identify those and
> deal accordingly.

None of this seems to agree with the open source philosophy. From what I
understand, one should always be able to access code, whether dead,
buggy, or release candidate, or whatever. I understand the idea of
keeping a code center clean and newish, but I think it would turn away
more projects than dead codebases would.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36