About the recent invasion

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 11:17:59 UTC 2008

	Yes, but not that they 'attacked' Fedora infrastructure using a 'ssh
package' signed... there's still no info on how and who ;), just
'what' :)

	Regards
	Pablo

El mar, 16-09-2008 a las 07:48 -0300, Itamar - IspBrasil escribió:
> ele esta dizendo que o atacante conseguiu assinar alguns pacotes do ssh,
> se estes pacotes fossem colocados na internet em algum mirror qualquer e
> alguem fizesse um update e instalasse um destes pacotes a maquina
> estaria hackeada.
>
> :-)
>

> On 9/16/2008 7:39 AM, Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> > 	Ola
> > 	The update came because it seems that 'atacker' was able to sign some
> > openssh packages. This update, as stated is provided just in case there
> > is someone not using RHN to get updated packages. Customers using RHN to
> > get updates were not afected. The errata also states that there's an
> > ongoing investigation.
> >
> > 	Regards
> > 	Pablo

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHCE/RHCSP/RHCSS Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain
Phone: +34 645 01 01 49 (CET/CEST)
GnuPG KeyID: 0xFAD3CF0D

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens