Stale Fedora Hosted Projects (revisited)

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 23:43:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Nigel Jones wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 13:58 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Getting back to this.  What should we do with code to which no one claims
> > ownership or the owner cannot be found?
> * Make Trac Read Only (maybe static content too, in
> old.fedorahosted.org/projectname/)
> * Disable commit group in FAS (in particular to get rid of cla+1
> entitlements if the commit group is their only group)
> * Chown SCM dir to remove write access

For how long?  Here's the concern.  At some point between now and the end
of time decisions are going to have to be made about these projects.  I'm
trying to have us learn a lesson from the elvis move as well trying to
make sure other's lack of planning doesn't become Infrastructures problem.
Something has to happen with bits that belong to no one, so far no one has
put a time limit on any of these things.

	-Mike