Stale Fedora Hosted Projects (revisited)

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Sep 24 00:02:31 UTC 2008

Mike McGrath wrote:
> For how long?  Here's the concern.  At some point between now and the end
> of time decisions are going to have to be made about these projects.  I'm
> trying to have us learn a lesson from the elvis move as well trying to
> make sure other's lack of planning doesn't become Infrastructures problem.
> Something has to happen with bits that belong to no one, so far no one has
> put a time limit on any of these things.

So what I was thinking is we have several processes in place in case
this happens with a package, right? One can orphan a package in which
case it get's removed almost instantaneously, or start AWOL for
unresponsive maintainers, and (...), so maybe what we're looking for has
already been thought of -it has just not been mixed up and stirred and
applied to the specific case of an upstream SCM yet.

-Jeroen