Half hour downtime

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 20:01:31 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I'd like to schedule a half hour of downtime for our netapp in PHX.  This
> > should only impact some nfs related stuff (primary mirror and things like
> > images on the wiki).
> >
> > I'd like to do this before the final freeze, RH's storage team will
> > actually be performing the work, I just want to find a time that will work
> > for everyone.  Does sometime next week work?
> >

> Are there any more RC's etc coming out? I would expect that 1 week
> would allow for high seeding of mirrors so it should impact too much.

I'm hoping Jesse can comment on this one, AFAIK it wouldn't fall in our
normal freeze window though which will end tomorrow and start again on May
12th.

> Is the half-hour max or estimated down time?

15 minutes was the estimate from the storage team.  My understanding is
this is a firmware upgrade so our new storage trays will work.  The trays
themselves can be installed live.

> What kind of Netapp do they use these days? (European or African)?

I can never remember :-/  I'll ask.

	-Mike