Any C coders want to help me with something?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:29:24 UTC 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Stefan Schlesinger wrote:
>
>> On Apr 29, 2009, at 01:38 , Mike McGrath wrote:
>> > I'd like someone to write a pam module to auth against fas.  I'm not sure
>> > it's the way to go but I'd like to have something up and running to test
>> > with to see how it behaves, how it deals with some failure scenarios, etc.
>>
>> I'm not sure what exactly you want to do, but pam_ldap should do what
>> you want, right? Or at least one could use it as codebase and modify it.
>>

> pam_ldap would probably be close to what we want and certainly a good
> place to look but we don't run an ldap server so it won't auth against
> fas.

Well normally what I have seen is that the 'FAS' server would export a
schema table to LDAP and LDAP would then be what is authenticated to
(the same with Kerberos if combined). Or the FAS server has a
mysql/postgres background and someone uses pam/mod mysql to do it.

The one problem with custom pam modules is usually the 'oooooooh'
moment when something doesn't work quite as planned (hey look I can
sudo root as apache? how did that happen?)

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux