Bit flip

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Apr 29 21:18:01 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 13:16 -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:

> So, I'd like to propose we back up the bitflip by at least 4 hours
> from release time, perhaps as much as 6.

Hrm.  This means we have unlocked mirrors for up to 6 hours before we
make the announcement.  This could lead to a lot of confusion and
uncertainty about the isos and their validity, something we see whenever
a mirror leaks early.

Honestly I think we need a vastly different way of getting mirrors to
bit flip aside from waiting on random cron jobs to pick up the change.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!