Mailing list migration procedures

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 2 05:34:43 UTC 2009

On 08/01/2009 10:31 AM, Jon Stanley wrote:
> I'd like some mailman experts (if we have any) to take a look at this
> procedure to migrate lists from redhat.com to lists.fp.o and let me
> know if there's something obviously missing from it or if there's some
> way that it can be improved. Feel free to make any edits you deem
> necessary.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailman_Infrastructure_SOP#Mailman_migration

Have you thought whether a reorganization is desirable while migrating?
Some of the lists are misnamed and inconsistent. fedora-devel-java-list
vs fedora-perl-devel-list. Some of them have -list in their names and
others do not. Might want to discuss which ones are worth carrying over
vs leaving behind (fedora-xen list for ex has been superseded by
fedora-virt list)

Rahul