Wan't to join and why

Steven M. Parrish smparrish at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 12:21:53 UTC 2009

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> On 08/17/2009 03:48 PM, Steven M. Parrish wrote:
>> Hi guys and gals,
>>
>> I am looking to join both the sysadmin-test and sysadmin-cvs groups.  Why
>> you
>> might ask?  Well I'll tell you.  I wan't to get more involved in Fedora.
>>
>> Here is my current Fedora resume...
>>
>> - BugZapper for both KDE and Packagekit.
>> - Maintain 20+ packages and am a Sponsor in the packaging group.
>> - Work closely with the OLPC and Sugar folks at getting and maintaining
>> the packages in Fedora
>> - Responsible for creating builds of F11 with Sugar specifically for the
>> OLPC XO-1 (Hope to get an XO-1.5 soon) see
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F11_for_XO-1 for info on this.
>>
>> What I am looking to do now is create a very simplified bugzilla
>> interface that can be used by OLPC users, mostly children, to report
>> issues with Sugar
>> Activities in Fedora.  Will develop in PHP and would like to develop and
>> test it on one of the publictest servers.
>>
>> Also would like to help maintain the cvs servers and projects contained
>> there.
>>
>> Any questions just ask.
>>
> Is this intended to be deployed onto Fedora Infrastructure boxes
> eventually or just be developed/demoed on the publictest infrastructure?
>  We haven't had development of known-non-Fedora stuff done previously
> but this might be a valid first case.  If it's intended to run on Fedora
> Infrastructure, we very much prefer developing them in python.  In fact,
> I don't think we have any non-python developed stuff.
>
> -Toshio

It is intended to run on Fedora infrastructure.  It is going to be an
alternate front end to our current bugzilla instance.  It could be built
upon to create different front ends for other user groups as well.

Developing it in Python will not be a problem.  I am just in the beginning
design stage atm.

Steven

Steven M. Parrish
gpg fingerprint: 4B6C 8357 059E B7ED 8095 0FD6 1F4B EDA0 A9A6 13C0
http://tuxbrewr.fedorapeople.org/
irc.freenode.net: SMParrish @ #fedora-kde, #fedora-devel, #fedora-olpc,
#sugar