Can we share the login template?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:21:35 UTC 2009

Hey TG App authors,

I've been working on fixing our CSRF problem and I've gotten a prototype
FAS up and running.  It requires only a few changes to the code you have
in your application but one of those is in the login template.  We have
to run forward_url and previous_url through the tg.url() function in
order for the csrf token to be added to the urls.  Additionally, we can
have a click-through page to authenticate a user who already has an
active, authenticated session and only lacks a tg-visit.  This needs to
be added to the login template.

I have a working template in fas.  In the interest of making this
transition as painless as possible I was thinking of adding it to the
python-fedora package as well.  The trouble is I don't know if it can be
used verbatim in all of our apps.  The fas login template, for instance,
 is written in genshi and has an <xi:include href="master.html> (meaning
that it pulls some of its look and feel from a template named master.html).

So questions that spring to mind:

1) Is everyone using genshi now or do we need several templates for
genshi, mako, kid, etc?

2) Is everyone's base template named master.html or willing to change?
I know pkgdb is named layout.html but I can easily change this.

3) Does everyone like the idea of having a centralized login template?

4) Does this tie in with the Chrome that mizmo is working on at all (or
is that all css)?

5) Can we reference the master template in the individual apps from the
login.html in a centralized location?  (I imagine it would work but
haven't tried yet)?

6) Am I going about this wrong?  Should we have an intermediate template
 in each app that pulls in a fragment from the centralized location?
This might be more organized but requires some recoding for each app.

-Toshio