Interesting mirror rediness results for alpha

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 23:26:39 UTC 2009

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Jesse Keating wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 16:57 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >  What I don't understand is why we've actually started losing mirrors.  We
> > were almost at 90% hit rate for a bit today, and now we're back down to
> > just above 60.  Any theories?  I'm going to keep monitoring.  Feel free to
> > monitor yourself.  I've basically been going to:
>
> That one is easy.  As mirrors get swarmed by users, they start refusing
> connections or just timing out.

Ehh, The trick there is I don't think they're actually getting swarmed.
None of my tests have been timing out or refusing connections, mostly
403's and some 404's.  It could be mirrors refusing through a 403 but from
what I've seen, the mirrors throwing a 403, throw a 200 OK for the F10
release.

	-Mike