Calendaring system?

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 06:10:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-06 at 13:32 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
>> We have kind of a de facto no-Java standard in infrastructure.  This is
>> partially because none of us have had good experiences running apps in
>> java and partially because we have noone with Java programming
>> experience to fix things if we need to.  If you had some people to give
>> to us to work on maintaining the server we might be able to work out
>> something similar to how zikula is being run for the docs deploy.  But
>> that doesn't sound like the case :-(
>
> No, I don't think so. So let's knock Bedework off the list for now,
> there do seem to be other viable alternatives. I like Clint's idea of a
> wiki page to set the requirements and evaluate alternatives, I will
> happily create / contribute to that next week once my brain is working
> again :), depending on whether Clint has got around to creating it by
> then. Added to my todo.
> --
> adamw

Hi all,

It's been a day or two since this conversation knocked off, but I
think I have a wiki page[1] up with some good information.  It is
still a bit incomplete and we'll need to spend some time specifically
with the features we'd like to see.  I've added all of the calendaring
servers listed in this thread, if I missed one, feel free to add it on
the wiki page.

Also, I put together a tentative timeline for when we could have this
calendaring server in place.  I assume it's based upon desire and time
so let's see what we can get done!

I'm looking forward to seeing this project a reality.

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Fedora_Calendar_Project_Desired_Features_(Draft)