Calendaring system?

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:38:35 UTC 2009

2009/2/10 Matthew ... <soimafreak at gmail.com>:
> To clarify what I was after, if you look at the following link:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Fedora_Calendar_Project_Desired_Features_(Draft)#Solution_requirements
>
> Which has no "must have" requirements and no "Should have" requirements.

Add some requirements.  It's a wiki and can be edited :)

> From reading through this email thread it is clear that not just "any"
> calendar solution will do.
>
> Before seeing if the list of calendars on the page meet the requirements it
> would be helpful to know what the requirements are so each calendar solution
> could be evaluated fairly.

No argument, that page is a draft and needs editing.  I'm hoping we
get a collective of suggestions/requirements.

> I appreciate that it may not be known what exactly is required but at the
> least you have some things highlighted here...
>
> It must be able to store events, recurring events, send out reminders, allow
> people to plug it in to their mail client, allow it to be viewed from a web
> page, support CalDav / iCalendar etc etc
>
> With these requirements listed it would be easier and fairer to evaluate the
> solution needed, I imagine then the Infrastructure team would be able to
> work out the "how" to make it happen or if it is even possible to meet all
> requirements, or to suggest alternatives.

Those sound somewhat reasonable, let's get them on the wiki page.  If
you don't have wiki formatting skills, don't worry, I'll format it
once you've added them to the right section.

I completely agree with your thinking and thus why I created the page.
 I'm not the master here, just trying to make it possible for others
to have a say.  Getting that information on the wiki page is critical
to determining what calendaring solution we use.

I'll be adding stuff too, but just haven't had time to do so.  Anyone,
with a FAS account can edit the wiki.

Cheers,

Clint