keeping up with the status of alerts

Phadke Omkar Ashok omkarphadke at fastmail.in
Fri Feb 13 11:01:56 UTC 2009

Hello to all,
               I am new to Fedora Infrastructure team.I have just passed
               my RHCE exams on past tuesday.now how can i contribute to
               fedora project from infrastructure team as i am not as
               Expert as other Infrastructure members are?how i start
               contributing to Fedora Infrastructure team...
                                                                                                                      thnking
                                                                                                                    Omkar
                                                                                                                    A.
                                                                                                                    Phadke

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:04:36 -0600 (CST), "Mike McGrath"
<mmcgrath at redhat.com> said:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 2009, seth vidal wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >  I'd like to try something new. We've been getting a fair number of
> > alerts via nagios/zabbix/etc. Sometimes, due to the conversation in
> > #fedora-admin it is hard to tell who is working on what and what is in
> > need of immediate attention.
> >
> >  I'd like to suggest we use #fedora-noc for 'X is down, I'm working on
> > it' and discussion for immediate crisises, problems.
> >
> > I sometimes have a hard time knowing what I should look at and/or what
> > is an expected alert due to work being done. So it would be best to keep
> > the noise down in #fedora-noc unless it is directly related to an
> > outage.
> >
> > What do y'all think?
> >

> We've tried a couple of times in the past to better get a handle on this
> problem, never really tried a new IRC room though so I'm all for trying
> something new.  I've already /join'ed it.
>
> 	-Mike

  Phadke Omkar Ashok
  omkarphadke at fastmail.in

--