Disk IO issues

Sascha Thomas Spreitzer sascha at spreitzer.name
Fri Jan 2 08:38:43 UTC 2009

Hello again,

this line looks suspicious to me:

# name            <active_objs> <num_objs> <objsize> <objperslab>
<pagesperslab> : tunables <limit> <batchcount> <sharedfactor> :
slabdata <active_slabs> <num_slabs> <sharedavail>
ext3_inode_cache   98472 150260    760    5    1 : tunables   54   27
  8 : slabdata  30052  30052    189

Is it 1 big filesystem with about 1,342,177,280 inodes. Has this
amount ever be tested in the wild?
The Filesystem is btw. marked as needs_recovery.

regards,
Sascha

2009/1/2 Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Kostas Georgiou
> <k.georgiou at imperial.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Can you run blktrace+seekwatcher (both in EPEL) to get an idea on
>> what is going on? An iostat -x -k /dev/sde 1 output will also be
>> helpfull.
>
> Here's a slabinfo that someone else requested and the iostat.  I don't
> have access to the xen dom0 though, but I don't suspect it'd show much
> different:
>
> I put it up on a webserver since gmail loves to chop up my lines and
> make something like this unusable.  See
> http://palladium.jds2001.org/pub/nfs1-stats.txt

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / with kind regards,
Sascha Thomas Spreitzer
http://spreitzer.name/