Disk IO issues

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 22:09:49 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-02 at 13:28 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:

> There are other directories at /mnt/koji/static-repos/.  A directory like
> static-repos contains almost exclusively hardlinks to those packages.
>
> Since many of those hardlink oriented directories can be recreated, we
> don't bother backing them up so I haven't been testing with them.

We stopped making hardlinks in those directories a while back, during
the last round of "make it faster".  /mnt/koji/repos/ contains a number
of directories that just have repodata in them, that reference the
relative path back to /mnt/koji/packages.

The /mnt/koji/mash/ tree is where all the hardlinks are.  These are
composes of koji tags for things like rawhide and releases.  It's here
that we make hardlinks back to /mnt/koji/packages/ for the individual
rpms.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!