DRBD

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jan 15 22:21:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 3:16 PM, FD Cami <francois.cami at free.fr> wrote:

> As others have already pointed out, it seems present in all if not all
> major distributions used in any server role. Having it in Fedora/RHEL
> would provide us with a very nice SAN-like capability (coupled with
> iSCSI target support).

>From what I've seen so far, DRBD seems to require kernel modules that
aren't upstream.  Anyone know the story on that?  Getting the kernel
modules upstream would make it much easier to get DRBD into Fedora.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"