/releases/10/Everything: several packages changed

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Jan 31 20:21:47 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-01-31 at 12:14 -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>  Hrm, there was no action on my part to touch everything, so I'll have to
> do some investigation into what's going on.
>
> Looking on the server, all the files in
> releases/10/Everything/i386/os/Packages/ have varying timestamps, but I
> do indeed see some things with a stamp as new as Jan 22.  Its certainly
> not every file, but I'm still not quite finding any commonality in my
> brief looking.  More investigation to follow.

I take that back.  This happened when I was trying to pre-stage some
11-Alpha content.  I misread/misunderstood what --size-only option would
do, in relation to --link-dest.  I was trying to link 11-Alpha packages
to the same ones found in /pub/fedora/linux/releases/development/.
However these that were touched were packages that were in development/
that hadn't changed since the F10 release.  --size-only seems to have
updated the timestamps on these files to match something that was going
on with my compose output I was trying to sync in.

This was certainly unexpected, and repairing this is going to be...
interesting.

I need to investigate why my compose hosts are creating a timestamp on
these files when they shouldn't be.

Sorry for the churn!

--
Jesse Keating