Relicensing Part II

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 23:23:11 UTC 2009

On 07/16/2009 04:10 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 15:57 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>>
>> * admin.stg.fedoraproject.org is accessible by the general public but it
>> isn't meant for the general public's use -- it's for developers to
>> collaborate on what will be on the production site,
>> admin.fedoraproject.org.  Those developers collaborate over the internet
>> which is why it's available on the internet.  Does this excuse us from
>> providing source to people who do not have shell access to the server
>> itself?
>>
>> * Can we be just as liberal with what's running on the publictest
>> machines as we are with staging?
>
> Its worth noting that Publictest instances are also accessible by the
> public, so AGPL concerns may strike us there, just as they may strike us
> with the staging environment.

<nod>  I figure if it's going to hit us hard in staging, we may not want
to go the AGPL route at all.  If they don't hit us in staging, just want
confirm that the same rationale will apply to the publictest instances.
 Maybe reword this question to:

* If we can run apps in staging without providing source to those
without shell accounts there, can we also run apps on publictest boxes
without providing source to those without shell accounts there.

-Toshio