MirrorManager crawler patch

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 20 04:13:41 UTC 2009

Hey, I think we might have found a bug in the mirror crawler where it
did not do the repomd sha256sum check if a mirror is checked via FTP.  I
think the crawler might still need a good bit of cleanup apart from
this, but here is an initial attempt at a patch to fix this:

http://ricky.fedorapeople.org/mirrormanager/0001-Check-sha256sum-of-repomd.xml-on-FTP-mirrors.patch

I did some testing of this against fedora.bu.edu on bapp1 and it seemed
to mark the F10/F11 repodata directories outdated as expected.

Given the mirror issues that we've been havin recently, it might be
worth considering live patching this until the next mirrormanager
release.

Thanks,
Ricky