Introduction

Julius Serrano jx.serrano at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:37:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am  Julius Serrano and I've been using linux for quite some time now. I
started with red hat 6.0 but I had most of my experiences with RH7.2, RH9.0,
RHEL4 and RHEL5. I am a programmer and a systems and database administrator
by profession. I have skills with Python (which is my language of choice),
PHP and Java, although my Python web framework experience mostly come from
Zope. Programming is my main passion but I also have administration skills.
My sysadmin experience cover NIS, LDAP, NFS, Samba, some Postfix, some Xen
failover clustering, and some DRBD. I also have experience with the
administration of Apache, Nagios, CVS and Subversion. As for being a db
admin, I manage MySQL databases including their replication.

I want to be involved in the Fedora project and I hope to somehow contribute
something, in one way or another, to F12. Right now, I am mostly trying to
familiarize myself on things and the meeting later would probably give me a
good start.

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Julius Serrano