Fwd: Re: Is F-community using its FAS account?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:17:29 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Is F-community using its FAS account?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 14:35:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Palmieri <johnp at redhat.com>
To: Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com>

It is used for getting a user's info when you are not logged in similar
to the functionality of the bots in #fedora-devel.  Going to this link
(https://admin.fedoraproject.org/community/?username=jkeating#people)
works so the password change worked.

----- "Toshio Kuratomi" <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> lmacken and I realized that we probably hadn't changed Fedora
> Community's password since moving it from the publictest machines to
> production so I did that today.  But when I went to test it we
> couldn't
> figure out where it would actually be used::
>
>   [10:00:02] <lmacken> abadger1999: hmm, I'm actually not sure if
> that
> account is getting used at all.  It looks like it is only used when
> the
> user is not logged in, but in that case they can't view users or
> anything FAS related as far as I can tell.  J5 would know for sure
>
> So, is the account being used?  If so how can I test that the
> password
> update worked okay?  If not, can we disable the account?
>
> -Toshio

John (J5) Palmieri
Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.