Cleanup/expansion of puppet/func

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 02:15:47 UTC 2009

Hi guys,

As my first PFY job I am working on cleaning up the nodes list in
puppet and also working on getting func onto all systems. Expect that
I will be going over stuff that I should probably know, but forgot
(turning 40 or something does that to you )

The following systems are listed in func but not in puppet

buildsys.fedoraproject.org
compose-x86.fedora.phx.redhat.com
planet1.fedoraproject.org
ppc2.fedora.redhat.com
ppc3.fedora.redhat.com
value1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
vpn1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
vpn2.fedoraproject.org
xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com

The first couple are CNAME aliases for systems on the list already. But the

value1 and vpn2 do not exist in DNS.

The following systems are in puppet but not in func.
app1.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
app2.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
backup1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
bu1.fedoraproject.org
build01.fedora.phx.redhat.com
capp1.fedoraproject.org
cnode1.fedoraproject.org
cnode2.fedoraproject.org
cnode3.fedoraproject.org
cnode4.fedoraproject.org
cnode5.fedoraproject.org
db1.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
fas1.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
koji1.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
memcached1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
memcached2.fedora.phx.redhat.com
nfs2.fedora.phx.redhat.com
osuosl1.fedoraproject.org
ppc1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
ppc2.fedora.phx.redhat.com
ppc3.fedora.phx.redhat.com
publictest12.fedoraproject.org
publictest2.fedoraproject.org
publictest3.fedoraproject.org
publictest4.fedoraproject.org
publictest5.fedoraproject.org
releng1.fedora.phx.redhat.com
releng1.stg.fedora.phx.redhat.com
serverbeach1.fedoraproject.org
x86-8.fedora.phx.redhat.com
xenbuilder2.fedora.phx.redhat.com

The following systems are listed as nodes but are no longer existant
in DNS. They will be removed as they are confirmed to not be used
anywhere still

Host cstore1.fedoraproject.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host cstore2.fedoraproject.org not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host kojipkgs2.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test1.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test2.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test3.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test4.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test7.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test8.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host test9.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
Host value1.fedora.phx.redhat.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

I will be removing the nodes tomorrow from puppet git and then working
on getting the other systems into func if possible.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux