Any C coders want to help me with something?

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 1 06:54:08 UTC 2009

On 2009-05-01 09:11:11 AM, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Maybe if someone gives some detail on why the LDAP setup looked like
> too hacky we could find a better solution and use LDAP?
We were basically trying to use LDAP like a relational DB instead of a
directory, so we were trying to force our entire sponsorship system to
be totally contained in LDAP.  Looking back at this, the best approach
with LDAP would probably have been a DB for sponsorship data, and LDAP
for holding approved user/group data.  As I mentioned, I'd be interested
in exploring this approach a bit more in the future.

Thanks,
Ricky