Problems with bugzilla and FAS account

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sat May 23 10:08:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:13:40 -0500 (CDT), Mike wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 2009, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
> > As the fedoraproject aliases have trouble forwarding mail to GMX, I've
> > changed my FAS account to use my Google Mail address. I've confirmed
> > the change meanwhile.
> >
> > In bugzilla, however, my account still uses my GMX address. And I cannot
> > change that. When I try to change it, I get:
> >
> >     There is already an account with the login name mschwendt AT gmail.com.
> >
> > That looks as if the FAS sync script created a separate account for me.
> > Right?
> >
> > Are there special requirements for FAS users? Do I need to change email
> > addr in bugzilla _before_ changing it in FAS? Or what is necessary to
> > get this right?
> >

> I'd guess that you need to change it in bugzilla first,

If the FAS backend managed to create a new account in bugzilla, why would
I need to _change_ an existing one myself? Can't it sync bugzilla with my
email change in FAS? (which is what I expected it to do)

Anyone who changes email in FAS gets a new bugzilla account for the changed
email address? Is that how it's implemented currently?

> and I'd bet you'll
> have to contact the bugzilla owner to get it changed in its current state.

Well, I could ask bugzilla to send me a password, then reassign the
superfluous account to a throw-away address.