Redirect needed for docs.fp.o

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu May 28 01:23:17 UTC 2009

Could I ask someone to set up a rewrite rule or a redirect that would
send people from:
  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11preview
to:
  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11

And from:
  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10preview
to:
  http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10

I'm not the expert but I think what we need is a rewrite, since there
are a ton of subdirectories and files under there.

The /f10 content is pre-existing, and essentially we're just sending
people away from preview content to the final content.  In the /f11
case it's the same, but I've copied the preview content and the Docs
team will simply replace the preview content with the final content
shortly for release day.

We're doing this because QA noted, wisely, that the way things stand
right now, they have to change some links in a release-day rain dance
to make sure people are looking at the right content.  Better that the
link always point to a single location and that the content update.

Our Docs crew is relatively new at this and out of an abundance of
caution they chose to keep the preview docs separated.  In the future
everyone agreed there should be a procedure of treating these
directories like branches, with no need for 'f12beta' or 'f12preview'.

Eric Christensen will file a ticket to support this request, as soon
as I get the CVS stuff done to support it.

Did I mention how hard it is to use CVS now that I use git regularly?
;-)