FAD -- startin' early

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Oct 1 02:12:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:53 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>>
>> The problem with using versions before 1.6.2.X is that to get
>> conferencing you either need to hack in a 3rd party patch (which was
>> too difficult to maintain so I took it out of the Fedora package) or
>> use a kernel module that isn't upstream.  Yeah, that means we're kind
>> of stuck with a prerelease version but I'm not sure what else to do.
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought we had that version ready for rawhide
> (back when F11 was rawhide)?  What happened with all that?

IIRC that was a 1.6.1.0 release candidate with a bunch of patches
backported from trunk.  Time passed and what was trunk then is now a
1.6.2.0 release candidate, so we can at least work from a minimally
patched tarball.  The patches are mostly just getting Asterisk to
build in the "Fedora" way, without adding any functionality.  I'm also
going to see what it takes to build on RHEL, but I may have to disable
some functionality that depends on libraries that aren't new enough in
RHEL.

--
Jeff Ollie