Introduction

Ac-town actown at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:01:28 UTC 2009

Hey fedora-infrastructure-list, I would like to introduce myself to you all.
My name is Derrick, I go by the nick Actown in IRC and I am currently a
first year student at Oregon State University studying computer science.
I started working with computers from a very young age. I had my own RH9
server on my home connection when I was 13. I ran a few websites and a
IRCserver on that old box. I have had a home server running Linux ever
since
then and I have been using Linux on and off for my desktop needs. I know
tiny bits of C/C++ and python. I have done most of my code using PHP and
MySQL, but I am working at my C skills currently.
I am looking to help in any system administration area of the fedora
infrastructure. Helping fedora would provide me with a great learning
experience and a great way to help the world of Linux and open source.
I'm located in Corvallis, Oregon and the time zone here is UTC-0700 (PDT).
I am interested on joining the team because I haven't given anything back to
the community in the time I have been using Linux. Also, helping can provide
me with real world experience with system administration and teamwork. I
look forward to talking with you all in the future in the IRC channel or in
the meetings.

--
Thanks,
Derrick "Ac-town" Dymock