FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Meeting this TUESDAY @ 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Oct 6 16:05:03 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:59 AM, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2009 at 08:42:05 -0700,
>  John Poelstra <poelstra at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Yes it is today at 3 PM EDT on #fedora-fad
>
> I'll probably miss the meeting, but might make the tail end of it. I'll
> be recording it though to review.
>
>> 1) Nail down the package version of Asterisk that we will use at the
>> FAD and a canonical place to download it from
>
> And what packages should get installed. I suspect that a lot of them
> aren't necessary for this project.

To start with you'll just need the base asterisk package.

>> 2) Confirm the underlying version of the OS we plan to run #1 on
>> 3) Suggest that everyone set up and configure a test environment
>> running #1 and #2
>
> Some recommendations on the configuration would be nice as well. A lot of
> config files are installed by default that aren't needed for a minimal
> system and I am not sure if they are all safe to leave as is. So it would
> be nice to know which ones are needed and which should get modified.

To get started you can just leave them as is.  We'll want to work on
turning off all the unnecessary services as part of what we do.

> I also have a question, probably for Jeff. Does dahdi 2.2 work on 2.6.31
> kernels? Specically if I rebuild the atrpms dahdi-linux package on F12
> is it likely to work? (I don't want to upgrade my last F11 machine to F12
> if it is going to break being able to use my normal phones in the house.)

I have no idea.  I'd imagine that it is, but I don't use dahdi for
anything right now.  I'd almost drop any dahdi support from the
Asterisk RPMs but I don't want to deal with the bugzilla fallout from
people requesting that it be put back in.  One of these days I have a
TDM400 card at home that I'm going to try and get working again.

--
Jeff Ollie