FAD Fedora Talk 2009 IRC meeting, 2009-10-06 UTC 1900

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 20:29:02 UTC 2009

Minutes:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2009-10-06/fedora-fad.2009-10-06-19.00.html

Minutes (text):
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2009-10-06/fedora-fad.2009-10-06-19.00.txt

Log:
  http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2009-10-06/fedora-fad.2009-10-06-19.00.log.html

Meetbot didn't capture John's topic changes, so I've inserted them in
the copy of the minutes below.

* * *
#fedora-fad: Fedora Activity Day - Fedora Talk 2009

Meeting started by stickster at 19:00:30 UTC. The full logs are
available at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-fad/2009-10-06/fedora-fad.2009-10-06-19.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* roll call  (stickster, 19:01:44)

* Travel  (stickster, 19:02:57)

* Asterisk version  (stickster, 19:03:59)
  * LINK: http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org has various and sundry
    repos for stuff.  (jds2001, 19:10:28)
  * AGREED: The general Fedora repos for F-12 and previous will stay on
    Asterisk 1.6.1  (stickster, 19:10:59)
  * AGREED: The Infrastructure repo will include Asterisk 1.6.2, which
    anyone can add to their F-12 box and install the package for
    testing/development.  (stickster, 19:11:58)
  * ACTION: jcollie to ensure Asterisk 1.6.2 is available in
    Infrastructure repo before this Saturday, 2009-10-10.  (stickster,
    19:13:28)

* Underlying OS  (stickster, 19:14:04)
  * AGREED: The underlying OS for F-Talk will be F-12, running the
    infrastructure repo's pkg of Asterisk 1.6.2.x  (stickster, 19:14:30)

* Up-front work  (stickster, 19:15:29)
  * AGREED: The more we can learn and set up before we get together, the
    faster we can get to work on Friday morning.  (stickster, 19:17:23)
  * Fedora Talk now has an echo service on ext. 1002  (stickster,
    19:20:04)
  * AGREED: jcollie is super-awesome regardless of whether he set up
    echo himself or not :-)  (stickster, 19:21:18)
  * ACTION: mmcgrath to build asterisk2 as a F-12 box  (stickster,
    19:24:36)
  * AGREED: mmcgrath's rebuild of asterisk2 will include asterisk-1.6.1
    right now, and will be updated when 1.6.2 is available in the infra
    repo  (stickster, 19:26:57)
  * asterisk1 box is using asterisk-1.4.22.1-1.el5, so config
    differences may be an issue. We'll need to look at that  (stickster,
    19:28:53)
  * ACTION: stickster to apply for sysadmin-tools to gain access to
    asterisk2  (stickster, 19:32:07)
  * To get started, do 'yum install asterisk
    asterisk-sounds-core-en-ulaw'  (stickster, 19:36:31)

* Getting to know Asterisk, etc.  (poelcat, 19:38)
  * ACTION: : poelstra to find link to pdf version of O'Reilly Asterisk
    book  (poelcat, 19:40:59)
  * ACTION: : read chaps: 4, 5, 10, and 6... test on Monday!  (poelcat,
    19:41:21)
  * LINK: http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf
    (jcollie, 19:41:30
     0K ..)
  * LINK: http://www.the-asterisk-book.com/   (mmcgrath, 19:41:38)
  * book download link
    http://downloads.oreilly.com/books/9780596510480.pdf  (poelcat,
    19:41:48)
  * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Fedora_Talk_2009_game_plan
    (stickster, 19:44:02)

* Open tickets  (poelcat, 19:45)
  * ACTION: next meeting create a text dump of all the tickets into one
    gobby document  (poelcat, 19:46:00)
  * ACTION: consolidate tickets into a few main tickets and create game
    plan from there  (poelcat, 19:46:28)
  * ACTION: jcollie to provide a sanitized git repo of the Fedora Talk
    asterisk configs in his fedorapeople.org space  (stickster,
    19:50:23)
  * ACTION: jcollie will put sanitized git repo of FedoraTalk config on
    his people space and reply to list with location  (poelcat,
    19:50:24)

* next meetings  (poelcatl, 19:52)
  * ACTION: : keep meeting at 19:00 UTC for next two tuesdays to plan
    Asterisk FAD  (poelcat, 19:55:18)
  * ACTION: stickster to start mail thread about streaming technology we
    should pursue... cc thmoasvs and herlo in discussion  (poelcat,
    19:59:13)

Meeting ended at 20:02:29 UTC.

Action Items
------------
[...]

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* jcollie
  * jcollie to ensure Asterisk 1.6.2 is available in Infrastructure repo
    before this Saturday, 2009-10-10.
  * jcollie to provide a sanitized git repo of the Fedora Talk asterisk
    configs in his fedorapeople.org space
  * jcollie will put sanitized git repo of FedoraTalk config on his
    people space and reply to list with location
* mmcgrath
  * mmcgrath to build asterisk2 as a F-12 box
* poelstra
  * : poelstra to find link to pdf version of O'Reilly Asterisk book
* stickster
  * stickster to apply for sysadmin-tools to gain access to asterisk2
  * stickster to start mail thread about streaming technology we should
    pursue... cc thmoasvs and herlo in discussion
* **UNASSIGNED**
  * : read chaps: 4, 5, 10, and 6... test on Monday!
  * next meeting create a text dump of all the tickets into one gobby
    document
  * consolidate tickets into a few main tickets and create game plan
    from there
  * : keep meeting at 19:00 UTC for next two tuesdays to plan Asterisk
    FAD

People Present (lines said)
* stickster (137)
* jcollie (57)