Streaming media server for Fedora Talk

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 20:35:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Oct 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

>> > Try to google for asterisk and icecast, there seems to be an Ices
>> > module since asterisk 1.4.
>> >
>> > http://www.757.org/~joat/wiki/index.php/Asterisk_and_Icecast_(via_Ices)
>>
>> I'm still reading the Asterisk book so any opinion I might give is
>> going to be woefully uninformed.  It sounds like Icecast may be the
>> easiest short-term solution, especially since it was difficult to find
>> anything via Google on Flumotion integration.
>>

> My vote is also for icecast at this point.  I even see asterisk-ices is
> already in EPEL.

So asterisk-ices is a client program and that would work well.  I've
used ices2 a bit before switching over to darkice and I might be
switching back since darkice doesn't support pulseaudio yet.  I can
play a little iwth asterisk-ices this week and see what I can do with
it and ices.

Do I need to make an RFR for the icecast server?  Or for testing would
it just be a test server that already exists?

Cheers,

Clint