LAST FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Prep meeting :: 2009-10-20 @ 19:00 UTC (3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:00:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 05:07:46PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Time: 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)
> Date: 2009-10-20
> Location: #fedora-fad
>
> We'll be meeting one last time tomorrow in #fedora-fad to discuss
> our progress and things we need to be thinking about for Friday's
> kickoff--wow, can you believe we're doing this thing for real
> starting on Friday?!
>
> PLEASE, if you haven't had a chance, review the use cases we have so
> far and add on to them, change them, etc.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Talk_User_Cases
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_Talk_Admin_Cases
>
> I will be linking the infrastructure tickets to the applicable
> cases. As I sat down to try and summarize the tickets I found that
> this to be a natural and probably better way to do it.

I'll try to help with this in the afternoon after the release pops
out.

> Also, check out Bruno's excellent detailed steps on setting up asterisk.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Fedora_Talk_2009_game_plan#Asterisk_Packages_.26_Installation_Instructions

These instructions were really useful and I now have a minimally
functional Asterisk operating on my workstation at home, to which I
can attach from my laptop client.  Nifty!

Ideally, at today's meeting I'd like to:

* Answer any remaining schedule questions and point to brief agenda
  overview on wiki (https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Fedora_Talk_2009_game_plan#Schedule)

* Re-state for posterity why the use cases are there (sync
  expectations)

* Find out progress (if any) on icecast server, whether on asterisk2
  or elsewhere

* Walk through the admin use cases, which seem a bit more sketchy than
  the others -- probably only because we haven't looked closely at
  them yet

Anything else we can work on before arriving on Friday?  I'm keen to
hit the ground running on Friday morning.