LAST FTF (FedoraTalk FAD) IRC Prep meeting :: 2009-10-20 @ 19:00 UTC (3 PM EDT/12 PM PDT)

Paul W. Frields stickster at
Tue Oct 20 14:00:08 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 05:07:46PM -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> Time: 3 PM EDT (19:00 UTC)
> Date: 2009-10-20
> Location: #fedora-fad
> We'll be meeting one last time tomorrow in #fedora-fad to discuss
> our progress and things we need to be thinking about for Friday's
> kickoff--wow, can you believe we're doing this thing for real
> starting on Friday?!
> PLEASE, if you haven't had a chance, review the use cases we have so
> far and add on to them, change them, etc.
> I will be linking the infrastructure tickets to the applicable
> cases. As I sat down to try and summarize the tickets I found that
> this to be a natural and probably better way to do it.

I'll try to help with this in the afternoon after the release pops

> Also, check out Bruno's excellent detailed steps on setting up asterisk.

These instructions were really useful and I now have a minimally
functional Asterisk operating on my workstation at home, to which I
can attach from my laptop client.  Nifty!

Ideally, at today's meeting I'd like to:

* Answer any remaining schedule questions and point to brief agenda
  overview on wiki (

* Re-state for posterity why the use cases are there (sync

* Find out progress (if any) on icecast server, whether on asterisk2
  or elsewhere

* Walk through the admin use cases, which seem a bit more sketchy than
  the others -- probably only because we haven't looked closely at
  them yet

Anything else we can work on before arriving on Friday?  I'm keen to
hit the ground running on Friday morning.

Paul W. Frields
  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717   -  -  -  - stickster @ #fedora-docs, #fedora-devel, #fredlug