[off-topic] Help requested:Query on dual/quad port NIC

Nigel Jones dev at nigelj.com
Wed Oct 28 14:18:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:59 PM, Tristan Santore
<tristan.santore at internexusconnect.net> wrote:
> On 28/10/09 13:37, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can someone please help me with this?
>> This person is looking for an PCI-based quad-port NIC which will work
>> on Fedora/CentOS.
>>
>> Thanks.

Any Broadcom/Intel (bnx/e1000) cards that have gone through the Red
Hat Hardware Certifications should be a safe bet.  (check the product
specs for a card similar to what you want, then go to
hardware.redhat.com to see if that server is certified. If so, there
is a good chance of support.

Alternative, check bugzilla/git.kernel.org for commits related to the
NIC model#.

- Nigel