[off-topic] Help requested:Query on dual/quad port NIC

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:27:24 UTC 2009

On 10/28/2009 09:37 AM, susmit shannigrahi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone please help me with this?
> This person is looking for an PCI-based quad-port NIC which will work
> on Fedora/CentOS.
>
> Thanks.

I know you have already received several recommendations... but I did
not see this one amoung them.

SUN created a quad port NIC many years ago... they called 'Happy Meal'
because it was based a chipset called 'Big Mac'.

They routinely sell on ebay for less than $20 (USD).

Here's one example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUN-4-PORT-NIC-CARD-10-100-QUAD-ETHERNET-501-5406-64BIT_W0QQitemZ370281441147QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item56367e677b

I know these work... because I have 2 of them I've used in the past.

Here's a page on the gadget: http://www.x1034a.com/
That'll give you the majority of the Technical Specs.

Lyos Gemini Norezel