Merging from staging to master

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 21:54:52 UTC 2009

This has bugged me forever and I think I've got it figured out now (thanks
mdomsch for pointing me in the right direction)

Lets say you've been working for weeks on a module in staging and you want
to cherry pick those commits.  How do you do it?  It becomes trickier even
if someone else has been working on other modules in staging.  This seems
to do the trick:

git log --name-status master..staging module/path

or to see the diff

git diff master staging module/path

The only thing to be careful of that I can tell is if one of the commits
listed in git-log includes something in another path outside of your
module.

Anyway, if you can think of a better way to do this let me know, so far
though this worked well for me.

	-Mike