Self introduction Daniele Catanesi

Daniele Catanesi infrastructure at ccielogs.com
Thu Sep 17 12:58:05 UTC 2009

Hello all,

my name is Daniele Catanesi and I've been thinking to subscribe to the
infrastructure list for some time now.

I'm an Italian Network and Systems Engineer with around 9 years of
experience, I've been using Linux since 1999/2000 as my main Operating
System and on various infrastructure servers in my actual company, even
if their/our job is mainly geared toward MS stuff,  with the
responsibility to administer and keep them up and running.

My main skills are in the networking area even if I feel confident in
the administration and troubleshooting of Linux based servers, which to
be totally honest is what I like more.

I already participate in the Fedora project with the Italian L10N team
localizing packages in my native language and I would like to
participate in the infrastructure project for two main reasons, the
first and somehow obvious one is the need to give back to the community,
the second one is I think there is no better way to help than doing what
I like which can be a good way to refine my skills.

I have a permanent lab that could be easily used for testing purposes
and proof of concept (measure twice and cut once) and I would be more
than glad to use it to benefit the community.

Ok I hope I did not "talk" too much, I'm going to read the various
Infrastructure Wiki section the get a better view of the entire process.

Thanks, Daniele.

P.S. Working on the Fedora Project I've already created an account, of
course, and signed the CLA so I guess I can skip this section. I know
this could sound silly but I prefer to be sure.