Introduction

Mike Santangelo msantang at redhat.com
Fri Sep 18 14:47:52 UTC 2009

Hi all,

     I'm following along with the wiki and have reached the point where
I need to send an introduction e-mail to the list. :)

My name is Mike Santangelo and I'm a linux consultant within Red Hat. I
decided I wanted to get more involved and volunteer in the Fedora side
of the house as my time permits, so the infrastructure team looked like
a good place for me and my skills.

I've been working with various *nix's for around 17 years now, starting
with AT&T Unix way back in '92. Solaris was probably the OS I worked
with the most leading up to when I started working on Red Hat products
full time. I have worked with Red Hat products professionally off and on
since 2002 or so, and been experimenting with various Linux flavors
since the late 90's.

I'm an RHCE with a Certificate of Expertise in Enterprise Storage
Management (GFS and Clustering), and hope to get my certificate in
Satellite soon. I have done a lot of engagements centered around
Satellite and Clustering in the last year and a half so I am fairly
strong on those technologies. I'm also a very good troubleshooter, which
I think is my strongest skill. That, and I'm not afraid to go ask for
help if I don't know something.

I hope to be able to make some of the meetings soon. Since I'm a
consultant I am on the road a lot so schedules can be tough, but I will
definitely try.  I'm not involved in anything else with Fedora yet, as
infrastructure seemed like the natural first place for me as I looked
around.

Thanks and look forward to working with everyone,

-Mike