Self introduction Daniele Catanesi

Daniele Catanesi infrastructure at ccielogs.com
Thu Sep 24 12:14:54 UTC 2009

Il 18/09/2009 07:52, Daniele Catanesi ha scritto:
> Il 17/09/2009 23:26, Mike McGrath ha scritto:
>> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Daniele Catanesi wrote:
>>

>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> my name is Daniele Catanesi and I've been thinking to subscribe to the infrastructure list for some time now.
>>>
>>> I'm an Italian Network and Systems Engineer with around 9 years of experience, I've been using Linux since 1999/2000 as
>>> my main Operating System and on various infrastructure servers in my actual company, even if their/our job is mainly
>>> geared toward MS stuff,  with the responsibility to administer and keep them up and running.
>>>
>>> My main skills are in the networking area even if I feel confident in the administration and troubleshooting of Linux
>>> based servers, which to be totally honest is what I like more.
>>>
>>> I already participate in the Fedora project with the Italian L10N team localizing packages in my native language and I
>>> would like to participate in the infrastructure project for two main reasons, the first and somehow obvious one is the
>>> need to give back to the community, the second one is I think there is no better way to help than doing what I like which
>>> can be a good way to refine my skills.
>>>
>>> I have a permanent lab that could be easily used for testing purposes and proof of concept (measure twice and cut once)
>>> and I would be more than glad to use it to benefit the community.
>>>
>>> Ok I hope I did not "talk" too much, I'm going to read the various Infrastructure Wiki section the get a better view of
>>> the entire process.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Daniele.
>>>
>>> P.S. Working on the Fedora Project I've already created an account, of course, and signed the CLA so I guess I can skip
>>> this section. I know this could sound silly but I prefer to be sure.
>>>

>> As long as you have an account you're good to go!  I'm happy to hear
>> you're getting more interested in other areas of Fedora.  We have weekly
>> meetings that are always good to attend if you can make them:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Meetings
>>
>> Once you get through reading the wiki stuff let us know what all you'd be
>> interested in working on.
>>
>> 	-Mike
>>
> Hello Mike,
>
> thanks for the information and reply, I wanted to attend yesterday's
> meeting but have been busy with real life (every now and then GF asks
> for some time...) but I'm reading meeting's logs right now :)
>
> Once I'll be done with wiki and the rest I'll reply to the mail and
> let you know what's more interesting to me (even if I'm keen to do
> just anything that is needed).
>
> Daniele.

Hello all again,

I'm finally done with reading all the docs/wiki I could find (split
between job and RHCE preparation it took me more than I thought) so I
was wondering if there is something I've missed or useful
docs/wiki/whatever that I should check, any  suggestion is highly
appreciated.

I've been also skimming through the ticket system to see what are the
usual requests and become familiar with it, tonight I'll attend the
first meeting so I can "meet" some of you.

I've also been reading about the various FIG and I think the ones I'm
more suitable for are the sysadmin-noc and/or sysadmin-test as what is
done in the groups is more or less part of my daily duties at work but
as I wrote in another mail I'm really keen to do anything that is needed
at the moment.

Daniele.