FAD -- startin' early

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:46:45 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:37:43PM -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Sep 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > I constructed a page on the wiki for an upcoming FAD where some
> > contributors are going to work on some long-standing Fedora Talk
> > related tickets.  Details are here:
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAD_Fedora_Talk_2009
> >

> Count me in as a remotee.  I'll make sure to block off a minimum of 50% of
> my day for this.  I might be best for puppetizing and testing.
>
> I know ricky recently rebuilt asterisk2.  Might be good for us to get that
> in some pre-configured state for you all to use.  I believe the future
> setup is pretty distant from how our current asterisk setup in terms of
> distribution.  (currently on RHEL5, future likely F11)

Hopefully Jeff and/or Jared can do some preliminary assessment of how
far off we are right now.  Jeff had mentioned getting asterisk 1.6.2
in shape, presumably for EPEL-5 so it would be available.

I think we'll begin to have a clearer picture of what we can
pre-configure once Jeff returns to net-civilization, or since I
believe Jared Smith is also on this list maybe he can help in that
area.