Blogs site?

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 16:37:01 UTC 2009

On 09/30/2009 09:48 AM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009, Darren VanBuren wrote:

>> This seems to be a WordPress issue, with the whole SSL deal.
>>
>> It's pretty much go, but we need to clarify that users should manually login
>> before clicking the signup link in order to circumvent this little issue.
>>

> Well lets find some victim^H^H^H^H^H^Hvolunteer and get at least one blog
> in there and document the process all the way through.
>
> Anyone want to step forward?

So, here's what I'm seeing:

1)  logging-in appears to work fine, though I get a spurious "FAS login
failed" before I've even tried a uname/passwd auth.  Are we trying some
sort of client-side cert validation first, and that's failing?

2)  When trying to create a blog from the logged-out state, I get sent
to the login page, w/ a parameter that's supposed to take me to the
signup page upon succesful authentication:

https://blogs.fedoraproject.org/wp/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http%253A%252F%252Fblogs.fedoraproject.org%252Fwp%252Fwp-signup.php

Something very odd is happening, though.  The 302 response code looks sane:

POST /wp/wp-login.php HTTP/1.1
[snip]
HTTP/1.x 302 Found