FAD -- startin' early

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Sep 30 17:43:29 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Jeff C. Ollie wrote:
>>
>> Probably want to look at getting Asterisk 1.6.2 packaged.  It's
>> still in release candidate, but 1.6.2 has new conferencing software
>> that isn't hacked in by a 3rd party or requires a kernel module.
>> Since F13 early branching is happening soon we can develop the
>> package there and then backport it to RHEL or whatever we end up
>> running the service on.
>
> Cool idea, Jeff.

OK, Asterisk 1.6.2.0-rc2 is now in devel.  Since rawhide is still
composing from dist-f12 you'll need to grab it from Koji or rebuild it
on your own:

Note that I haven't actually tried the package yet, after lunch I'm
going to rebuild it locally for F11 and see how that works.  FYI, I
plan on keeping the "official" F12 and F11 Asterisk packages on
1.6.1.X.  F13 will be the first release with 1.6.2.X.

--
Jeff Ollie