FAD Fedora Talk tech items

timg at codero.com timg at codero.com
Wed Sep 30 18:20:02 UTC 2009

Generally from my experience the primary things that effect VoIP would
be Packet loss, and Latency. There are tons of other things such as RF
noise etc.. however those shouldnt* be an issue.

Packet loss is going to be pretty obvious across the "wire" due to the
way it is normally handled (fill in dropped packet with previous packets
data).

With that said depending on the wireless (signal strength / noise) there
could be potential issues (packet loss, distortion, static, delay in
sound), however if there are this can be easily mitigated by the use of
the hard line. Just my 2 cents. - Tim