not enough disk on git.fedorahosted.org

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 12 15:11:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010, Mathieu Bridon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2010/4/12 Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com>:
>> Please delete something or buy another disk :)
>
> That will probably not get you very far, but I haven't been able to
> hack on my fedorahosted.org project for some time now, and so I kinda
> decided to abandon it.
>
> If you give me until tonight (I'm at work right now), I can backup
> everything so it's all not lost, and then you can remove it all, and
> hopefully save a few disk space.
>
> The project is Shomyu, I'll give you a heads up when it's ready to be removed.

1. the project space was not even remotely used up - there is 28G used
there with 347GB remaining available.

2. the error was from the processes trying to write to /var and finding it
completely chock-a-block b/c of uncleaned up fedora-web checkouts for
recreating the main page. This should be fixed now and I'll be following
up on it today to be positive.

thanks,
-sv