ReviewBoard Performance Enhancement

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Sat Apr 17 15:36:19 UTC 2010

I have built a new version of ReviewBoard which will hopefully solve the
performance issues we were seeing on Hosted.

On PT9, the upstream patch I pulled into this release reduced my login
time from 10-12s (as measured by yslow) to 2-4 seconds. I'm hoping it
will have roughly the same effect on hosted.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ReviewBoard-1.5-6.beta1.el5

Basically, the upstream patch fixed a long-standing issue where
ReviewBoard was making a separate DB call for every resource that the
dashboard (the UI) uses. This patch reduces the number of calls
significantly, instead opting for grabbing a wider selection of the data
all at once.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761