Elections for next terms

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 01:58:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 07:34:36PM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:53:47PM -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 10:29:55AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > > Hi Infra team,
> > >
> > > With whom should the Board, FESCo, and other elections folks be
> > > coordinating to set up the next round of voting?  I believe that
> > > Toshio might have picked this up from Nigel, but I wanted to make
> > > sure.
> > >
> > I haven't.  I can help someone else get acquainted since I likely have more
> > access but that's about it.
>
> OK, let's consider this a CTA for Infrastructure participants then.  I
> know there are several people who have showed up just recently,
> looking for things to do.
>
> If you're interested in helping on the Infrastructure team, one thing
> you could help with is setting up and running the upcoming elections.
> We have three elections coming up:
>
> * one for our release name for F14 in just a couple weeks
>
> * two for the Board and FESCo shortly after that
>
> The election system is not too difficult to learn or run.  Toshio can
> help you learn the system, and then you'll need to set up the
> elections to run at the appointed time, a couple days ahead of that
> time.
>
> Are there any volunteers?
>
> Toshio, could you write up those get-acquainted instructions on the
> wiki?  I can incorporate them into the official elections guide if
> people agree that's desirable.

No, I can't.  I'm sorry I didn't make it clear above -- I don't currently
have experience with the current election software.  I can help someone by
poking at the running code and examining the database when someone asks me
questions about it since i have access to those and they probably do not.
Nigel is really the only one who's dealt with the election system as an
administrator at all.  I've dealt with it as a coder when we first started
with it and took another brief look at the login section only when we were
working on CSRF fixes to all of our apps.

-Toshio