hosted to rhel6

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 11:48:44 UTC 2010

Because of the ongoing pain with fedorahosted, now that the RHEL6 beta
is available, I'm going to work really hard this weekend on getting
RHEL6 whipped into shape with:

1) A kickstart
2) Packages that we need in hosted that are not in RHEL proper (trac
comes to mind immediately, I'm sure there's a few more)

This gives us the benefit of being able to run a more modern trac (and
close the attendant tickets for plugins that won't work in 0.10), and
generally alleviates a good deal of pain that we've been seeing. It
also gets us a bzr upgrade, which aiui is an incompatible on-disk
format??? Toshio can you elaborate? The SCM versions that we pick up
in RHEL6 are (all of these are in RHEL proper now):

cvs-1.11.23-9.el6.x86_64
bzr-2.0.2-1.1.el6.x86_64
git-1.6.5.2-1.2.el6.x86_64
mercurial-1.4-1.el6.2.x86_64