hosted to rhel6

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 20:08:51 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 07:48:44AM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
> also gets us a bzr upgrade, which aiui is an incompatible on-disk
> format??? Toshio can you elaborate? The SCM versions that we pick up
> in RHEL6 are (all of these are in RHEL proper now):
>
> bzr-2.0.2-1.1.el6.x86_64

So... I've already upgrade EPEL-5 to bzr-2.1 which may be longer lived than
bzr-2.0 (it's in Ubuntu Lucid; their next long term release).

This means we're going to have to rebuild the EPEL-5 packages for Fedora
Infrastructure's EL-6 repository.

bzr-2.0 is not fully API compatible with bzr-2.1 is not fully API compat
with bzr-2.2(in beta).  The bzr apps we're running right now work with
bzr-2.1, i'm not sure that there's a 2.0 branch for all of them.

The on-disk format is no problem -- bzr retains the ability to operate on
old on-disk formats.  Once we have bzr-2.0 or greater on all released
Fedoras and in EPEL-5, though, I'm going to upgrade the ondisk format for
the bzr repositories on the server which will cause bzr-1.x clients to
break and people to need to run bzr upgrade on their checkouts.  (launchpad
already uses the 2a format so most people already need to have a more modern
client).

-Toshio