outgoing port block on fedorapeople.org

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Aug 2 19:43:30 UTC 2010

On Monday, August 02, 2010 02:28:22 pm seth vidal wrote:
> Hi,
>  Mike
noticed that someone had setup an irc bot running on
> fedorapeople.org
talking to an irc channel that was not remotely fedora
> related. Even if it
had been fedora-related it's still not something we
> want running
fedorapeople.org. I put in an outgoing port reject to
> things bound to
6667. I'll work on a slightly better option soon but I
> wanted to let
everyone know about this and ask if there were any other
> suggestions on
how to best block this sort of thing.

> Thanks,
> -sv

for fedorapeople i
think its fine to block all outbound communications except for those related
to established inbound connections on the ports of services we run.

Dennis