rss feeds for mailing lists

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:12:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:37 PM,  <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> http://domsch.com/linux/mailman-archive-to-rss  is what I'm using, which came from
> http://jmason.org/software/scripts/mailman-archive-to-rss.txt
>
> I run it on a 15 minute cronjob, and has inside it a list of mailing list archives to look at. It's perl, so could easily be fixed up to automatically find the list of lists and run.  The cronjob bit is a hack though - it'd be nice if it could be triggered to run as a procmail recipe on receipt of mail for a specific list. I suppose it depends how real-time we care the feeds are.   It also doesn't do pubsubhubbub publishing, which we could hook into
>
> http://domsch.com/linux/pubsubhubbub-publish
>

> --
> Matt Domsch
> Technology Strategist
> Dell | Office of the CTO

All,

I got the mailman-archive-to-rss script working.  As Matt said, pretty
darn easy...  I'm not sure the procedure to get it onto the mailman
lists in infrastructure though.  I did it on my utos.org domain with
about 7 active mailing lists.

Things that I noted in the ticket[1] were the decision of which lists
to syndicate and a test server somewhere so I can get it working and
work out any bugs.  Other than that, pretty simple.

Is there a server somewhere that can have a replica of the current
mailing lists?

Cheers,

Clint

1 - https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1002