Introduction

James Lawrie james at shitsandgiggl.es
Wed Aug 25 00:23:02 UTC 2010

Hi List,

I'm looking to contribute to Fedora and here's my introduction as per
the wiki.

I'm James and I'm based in the UK (UTC). I work as a Linux Engineer
(mostly technical support) for a hosting company. I'm recently Redhat
certified and I used to be a lot more heavily into scripting (mainly
Perl) than I am now.

I'm joining partly because I want to give something back, but mostly
because I want to truly understand the systems I work on daily and be
able to look back in decades to come and say I was part of it.

The amount of time I'll be able to contribute differs massively
depending on my rota. Some weeks I'll be looking to give 10-20 hours
(maybe more), other weeks I'll only be able to give maybe 4 hours.

I'm looking to help out in any way I can, mostly wherever I can help out
sysadmin wise along with any bugzapping I can do. I can't be more
specific yet but hopefully after a week or two of hanging around I'll
have a better idea.

My LinkedIn profile gives a little more information regarding my
abilities http://www.linkedin.com/in/jameslawrie and I hope my
ServerFault profile (which I've been working on for about a month) gives
a hint of my technical ability:
http://serverfault.com/users/37667/james-lawrie

--
James Lawrie